Friday, February 8, 2013

Inspiration

The one and only 34th St.
What is inspiration? I believe every designer, artist, painter, fashion stylist any person that is doing art in one way or another needs inspiration. Now don't think inspiration is looking on the cover of a magazine or looking at a girl you love her style and copying it, NO. Inspiration is not copying someone's style. Inspiration is inside of you, is in the eyes of a person you just meet, in music, in the city you live, in an oversized sweater you see on someone walking down the street or in a culture.
Aaliyah

My biggest inspiration is music! I have been inspired by music ever since I was 13. Music is the best thing that happened to me. I was listening to a lot of R&B and HipHop back then and even now and what inspired me the most was Aaliyah and her cool fashion style I started wearing baggy jeans and all. NEW YORK CITY is the inspiration for most of the big fashion designers and there is no question that when you walk into this city the fashion is just overwhelming it is everywhere, you breathe fashion in NYC.

Ever since I visited this place 5 years ago I wanted to move here I felt this is my place where I want to be where I want to breath no matter what. Now, after 5 years I live in NYC in Brooklyn where the street fashion is in her home. There's no better place to live then Brooklyn maybe Manhattan hopefully next year.

Brooklyn Style
I love scarves I think scarves inspire me too when I see a colorful one I have a whole outfit in my head they are amazing and very inspiring.

Street Fashion I think is one of the most inspiring. Just walk down the street and observe other people wearing different things young girls and boys that are not afraid to wear whatever makes them feel good and happy.

Attitude is great sense of fashion if you wear a skirt without the attitude and confidence there's no reason to wear it because it won't even be noticed. It can be the most amazing designer skirt it just won't look good anymore.

Sarah Jessica Parker in SATC
"Sex and the City" has always inspired me in different ways. The fashion that Patricia Fields pulls in SATC it's amazing there is nothing that even comes close to that, maybe Gossip Girl can try to come close with the outfits that Blair and Serena were wearing. But I believe SATC has something timeless about it something that will always be in style how SJP pulls everything together there is something that you don't see everywhere. But most of all it was her amazing confidence that made her so popular the way she wore all those outfits like it's so natural and easy. That's inspiring for me and beautiful !! 

So what inspires me is NYC, Music, Brooklyn, SATC, Street Fashion and so much more.

What is that inspires you in fashion???

6 comments:

  1. What an inspiration!! Beautiful! I'm inspired!! It makes me want to go out on the street right now and observe "street fashion". Inspiration is everywhere in this city and you just have to look for it just like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe I am so glad you feel this way!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooklyn, omagah. I can totally relate to this post. Music is the key to everything. Every special moment has a soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Julie!!! Thank you girl I appreciate your feedback!! Music Is LOVE!!! Stay tuned for more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a full real inspiration with your soul, cuz everythin that you are comes from there! Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes I am and I will share it here with everybody!!! Thankful!!

      Delete