Monday, February 11, 2013

"Don't settle for anything less then Butterflies"

Butterflies everywhere

"Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less then butterflies".
One of my drawings
This is one great quote from Carrie Bradshaw that I still remember even now and it inspires me to go for more and never settle for nothing less then BUTTERFLIES.

my new Butterfly

The beauty of life is that no matter how hard it gets, you have to go out there and show you can do more then you think you can! Just fly like a butterfly!
One of the shapes that is fascinating to me is the butterfly.
Since I was little I have been in love with those majestic creatures.  I don't know if it is because they are so colorful or because I saw Mariah Carey wearing them a lot, or maybe it's because they can fly. There is definitely something amazing and pure about butterflies.
While at work today, I went window shopping. I ended up shopping and we all know how that happens hehe. I needed more accessories so I ended up buying the one you can see in the picture.


This butterfly is so beautiful, and it was just the final touch for my outfit today. I was wearing my favorite jacket. This yellow jacket gets more compliments then I ever thought and I love it.

A simple color, jeans and a beautiful necklace can take any outfit out of the ordinary.

One of the best compliments I received today was actually from my boss saying: "I love you today with this outfit".

Life is short let's enjoy the butterflies.
Alexander McQueen
One of the worst things we can do in life is settle for anything - a job, a man, a place you dislike, an apartment, a bar or a movie. Don't do it. If you do it today you will do it tomorrow and later will be harder to get out of it. Get out today, enjoy your life.


Now you know what they say "Great minds think alike" well no wonder why so many designers found a great inspiration in Butterflies.

Philip Treacy S/S 2003 Couture Runway
Lie Sang Bong S/S 2013
Lie Sang Bong SS 2013



  Another great mind was Mr. Bob Dickinson, the lighting designer for the Grammy's. What he did with Carrie Underwood's dress was amazing! To project on her dress butterflies and behind her butterflies that are flying. It was pure art all of that.

Alexander McQueen





Carrie Underwood's performance Grammy's





No comments:

Post a Comment